Posts : 229
Thanks : 538
Thanks : 16
Join date : 2009-11-26
Age : 33
Location : Cox's Bazar
|Subject: Iphone updates,warnings & news Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:33 am|| |
Iphone updates,warnings & newsThe free iPhone OS 3.1 Software Update includes some great new features, as well as all the features from previous updates. iPhone OS 3.1 gives you Genius recommendations for apps, lets you download ringtones wirelessly, offers a new way to organise apps on your iPhone and more.
iPhone OS 3.1 also includes these features and updates:
* Improved syncing for music, films, TV programmes, podcasts and photos1
* iTunes U content organisation1
* Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes and certificates in the App Store
* Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
* Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
* Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
* Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
* Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
* Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
* Paste phone numbers into the keypad
* Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
* Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
* Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
* Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly
1.If u r running 3.0 or 3.0.1 on 3g and 3gs and want to keep your phone unlocked you must be diligent about saying “no” to your iTunes request this week to update your firmware.If you update to Apple’s new software using the normal iTunes process, you will lose your ultrasn0w unlock.In fact you may lose it permanently, because for most people the baseband firmware cannot be reverted to a previous version (unlike the main application CPU firmware).
2.iPhone 3GS owners can no longer restore to firmwares 3.0 or 3.0.1. This is due to the fact that Apple has stopped signing these files and if you try and restore using one you'll get an error. So this means you should be very very careful until 3.1 is jailbroken because if you mess up your phone... you can only go up to 3.1 as of now. Additionally if you do not have your IBSS and IBEC signatures and you restore, you may never be able to jailbreak again.
iPhone 3G and first generation owners should still be able to restore with no problems.
We’re currently working on PwnageTool for 3.1, and will be sure to let you know when it’s available!
PwnageTool program — when it’s updated for 3.1 — will let you update your main firmware without touching your baseband firmware, so you can still have the best of both worlds.(Dev Team)